Waiting for something to happen?
Welcome to the Ubers subforum!This thread will serve as the main stop for gathering information about the rules we operate under in this subforum, information on our tier itself, and later on, a guide to the projects that are taking place in our tier.
Rules and Guidelines
This subforum operates under the Global Forum Rules, and the moderators operate under the assumption that you have read and acknowledged these rules. We also have some guidelines to help new users find their way around:
- Threads require moderator approval before being posted. Feel free to contact our subforum moderators (outlined below) if you believe you have a thread to post.
- As an addendum to the above, threads created should serve a larger purpose than that of just the OP's wishes. Posts asking about team ideas, Pokemon viability, or general quick questions should be asked in our Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread. Ignoring this guideline very likely to result in your thread being locked and/or deleted, with punishments for repeat offenders.
- Note that the Ubers forum may not be the best place to ask questions related to cartridge play - remember that this forum discusses the Ubers metagame on Smogon. You may find better answers in the various Cartridge Formats sections, which deals with official Nintendo metagames, or our Orange Islands forum, which deals with typical in-game play.
- This forum aims to primarily discuss the Scarlet and Violet official Ubers metagame. Any discussion of a "National Dex" format should be kept to private discussions or in our live chat areas. Older generations can be discussed in our Old Gens Hub and freely elsewhere.
- Users looking to learn, discuss, and ask questions related to sets or teams in real-time are likely to find success in our live chat areas, such as our Discord server or our Pokemon Showdown room.
Moderators and Tiering Council Members
The Ubers subforum is currently moderated by Aberforth, Fc, keys, and SparksBlade. Users looking to start projects or subforum/circuit tournaments are encouraged to seek permission from our moderation team before proceeding. We are always happy to help newcomers into the tier!
The Ubers Tiering Council members are currently Aberforth, Fc, Fogbound Lake, Manaphy, Minority, SiTuM, steelskitty, and TJ. The aim of the tiering council is to provide insight and backing behind potential tiering actions and navigate the tier forward should points of contention arise. Users may be permitted to join on an invite-only basis.